Nicki Minaj and Cardi B’s beef is so good I’m starting to suspect it’s marketing for a new collab or something.
On Monday night, Variety reported that Minaj addressed her ageless feud with Cardi on her Beats 1 Queen Radio show, claiming, among other things, that Cardi tried to sabotage her career by blocking Offset and 21 Savage from working with her; that she didn’t leak Cardi’s phone number; and, most importantly, that it was her friend Rah Ali who “really, really beat Cardi’s ass bad” at a Harper’s Bazaar fashion week party last month, not security.
“You went home and told people security hit you, and we let that ride for legal reasons,” Minaj said. “Anybody that wanna pull up the surveillance footage, I will give you $100,000.”
Cardi has an Instagram account and she will not be called a liar.
Indeed, as of 10 p.m. on Monday, Cardi had 10 clapback videos up on her Instagram account. They are all excellent and I suggest watching every single one of them right now, but here are some important takeaways:
1) Cardi is tired of the Internet back-and-forth, so Nicki contact her to talk it out or fight it out, whichever.
2) Cardi might sue Nicki for defamation of character, “since you want to claim that I’m using something called payola, because you don’t understand why I’m so fucking successful.”
3) Cardi B SHOWED HER PHONE.
4) 21 Savage didn’t do a music video with Minaj because her song wasn’t that good.
5) Cardi has more fashion stuff in the works (!!!!!)
6) “You lie so much you can’t keep up with your fucking lies.F irst you say you’ve got the footage, but then you say you wanna pay somebody $100,000 if they give you the footage? Make sense when you’re talking.”
“I’m tired of talking about it too,” Cardi said. “I’m tired of the fucking whole internet shit, I’m tired of the interview shit. If you really wanna talk about it, you know where to link me. We can talk about it, or we can fight it out. I’m with whatever.”
Elsewhere in Beefsville, 50 Cent reportedly bought 200 tickets to a Ja Rule show so the seats would be empty, prolonging a battle that has been going on presumably since before I hit puberty.
Nicki Minaj and Cardi B do it better.